How to Take Your Teaching to the Next Level
This course is for yoga teachers who want more confidence and knowledge. A place to deepen your Yogic wisdom and enhance your ability to serve.
Yoga is not about trying to attain something that we do not already have, but rather it is the process of thinning and reducing the veils that cover our true nature, revealing the light that has always been there, yet forgotten and colored by the impressions in our mind field.
The path is uncovering our inner freedom, peace and joy. This can be revealed through purification practices, self study, asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra, consistent integration! Freedom to know thyself, to love thyself, to be with oneself. The deep and profound relationship that we can develop with the self enhances our relationships with those that we love the most, with all beings and all things.
In this course, you will learn how to use principles of Yoga therapy including yoga asana, pranayama, mudra, mantra, meditation, and Ayurvedic nutrition to heal and nourish the physical, mental and spiritual bodies. There will be ten components over ten months and each one will introduce you to advanced Yoga concepts. Content will be released on the first of the month and we will have a monthly call on Wednesdays. For six weeks, I will guide you through Yogic and alignment fundamentals to help you establish a strong foundation of practice that is healing in nature and sustainable throughout your life. There will be homework, required reading, and team assignments. Know that you are committing to transformation. Embarking on this course will invite you to move into a greater space of mastery, sovereignty, and resilience.
This course is for Yoga teachers and practitioners of all levels and experience. This is a 10-week online course which includes a combination of lecture, discussion, and practicum. We will review case studies, work in teams to create plans of
- 10 months / 10 Modules
- 2 In-Person Gatherings
- Bi-Weekly Phone Calls
- Monthly Zoom Meeting
- Access to Private Facebook Group
- Monthly Individual Skype Session
By the end of this course you will:
- Be familiar with basic foundations of Yoga Therapy – philosophy, practice and client assessment
- Feel confident navigating the ethics of teaching yoga
- Review A&P and Basic Medical Terms
- Complete a Thorough Client Assessment and Plan
- Understand common pathologies that lead students to seek yoga as therapy
- Confidently adapt and modify for illnesses and injuries
- Learn how to meet the psycho-spiritual needs of the individual in a group setting
- Give and Receive physical adjustments and deconstruct the mystery around touch
- Discover how to apply Ayurvedic principles to your classes
- Skillfully weave sound within the practice to activate and release energy